Friday, September 4, 2009

"God’s way of salvation" ~ Charles Spurgeon

“Here is God’s way of salvation, and He demands that I do trust His dear Son, who died for sinners. I perceive that Christ is worthy to be trusted, for He is the Son of God, so that His sacrifice must be able to put away my sin; I perceive also that He laid down his life in the room, place, and stead of his people, and therefore I heartily trust Him. God bids me trust Him, and I do trust Him without any further question. If Jesus Christ satisfies God, He certainly satisfies me; and, asking no further question, I come and trust myself with Him…

…You are to feast on Christ at once; you need not fast till you turn yourself into a living skeleton, and then come to Christ. I am sent with no such message as that, but this is my word of good cheer: “Hearken diligently unto me, and eat ye that which is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness. He, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; let Him come, buy wine and milk, without money and without price.” Freely take what God freely gives, and simply trust the Savior. Is not that the gospel?... Trust yourself with your Savior, and He is your Savior.”

~ Charles H. Spurgeon, The Plain Man's Pathway To Peace

http://www.recoverthegospel.com/Old%20Recover%20the%20Gospel%20Site/Spurgeon/Spurgeon%201001-2000/1560.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment