Tuesday, July 14, 2009

“Trusting Him to keep you” - Andrew Murray

"I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which I also am apprehended of Christ Jesus." - Philippians 3:12 (KJV)
“I press on so that I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus.” - Philippians 3:12 (NASB)

“This connection between Christ's work and our work is beautifully expressed in the words of Paul: "I follow after, if that I may apprehend that whereunto I also am apprehended of Christ Jesus." It was because he knew that the mighty and the faithful One had grasped him with the glorious purpose of making him one with Himself, that he did his utmost to grasp the glorious prize. The faith, the experience, the full assurance, "Christ hath apprehended me," gave him the courage and the strength to press on and apprehend that whereunto he was apprehended. Each new insight of the great end for which Christ had apprehended and was holding him, roused him afresh to aim at nothing less.”

“You can trust Him to keep you trusting and abiding…It is because Jesus has taken hold of me, & because Jesus keeps me, that I dare to say: Savior, I abide in You”

“The idea they have of grace is this--that their conversion and pardon are God's work, but that now, in gratitude to God, it is their work to live as Christians, and follow Jesus. There is always the thought of a work that has to be done, and even though they pray for help, still the work is theirs. They fail continually, and become hopeless; and the despondency only increases the helplessness. No, wandering one; as it was Jesus who drew you when He spake "Come," so it is Jesus who keeps you when He says "Abide." The grace to come and the grace to abide are alike from Him alone.”

- Andrew Murray

http://www.worldinvisible.com/library/murray/5f00.0562/5f00.0562.03.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment