Thursday, December 10, 2009

“O Lamb of God! still keep me near to Thy wounded side" - James George Deck

“O Lamb of God! still keep me
near to Thy wounded side;
'tis only there in safety
and peace I can abide.
What foes and snares surround me!
What lusts and fears within!
The grace that sought and found me
alone can keep me clean.

'Tis only in Thee hiding,
I know my life secure;
only in Thee abiding,
the conflict can endure:
Thine arm the victory gaineth
o'er every hurtful foe;
Thy love my heart sustaineth
in all its cares and woes.

Soon shall my eyes behold Thee
with rapture, face to face;
one half hath not been told me
of all Thy power and grace:
Thy beauty, Lord, and glory,
the wonders of Thy love,s
hall be the endless story
of all Thy saints above.”

- James George Deck

No comments:

Post a Comment